Thursday, January 13, 2011

When Your Name Becomes an Adjective

Today I was listening to an interview with author and interior designer Kelly Hoppen and she mentioned how it felt the first time that she heard her name used as an adjective, as in "the Kelly Hoppen style."

If your name were used as an adjective, what would it mean?  What would you like it to mean?

Hoppen also explained how writing her books on design and working on her new iPhone App helped her better understand her own creative process.

Here is what she has to say about confidence, belief and passion on her personal blog:

"I started my business at just 16 and I know that confidence can be a big hurdle for young people…actually it can be a hurdle for people of any age!  I know how to get the best out of people so when a person says to me that they want to start their own business I remind them that anything is possible, you just have to trust that it is.  I am a believer that you have to visualize your future and learn from your past mistakes to make things happen for yourself.  Passion, drive and determination will see you through so long as you believe in yourself and stay positive"


No comments:

Post a Comment