Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Best Camera

Milwaukee Museum of Art
The Milwaukee Museum of Art


"The best camera is the one that's with you." - Chase Jarvis.



In some ways, I understand that the best camera is the one that's with you, but it's not true for me.  I have an iPhone in my pocket everyday and walk past dozens of photo opportunities without seeing them. I know the camera in the phone can capture nice images, but the scene would have to reach out and hit me before I would notice.



For me, the best camera is one that reminds me that I love photography. When I pick up a "real" camera, I become aware of the beauty and texture of the world around me.  I see things that I would not take time to see otherwise.

A "real" camera does not have to be an expensive digital SLR. It can even be an iPhone. As long as it initiates the mental transition into "photographer."

Lake Michigan from the Milwaukee Museum of Art
Lake Michigan from the Milwaukee Museum of Art


You might also like:

Camera Glasses

Wide and Wonderful

Mizzou in 3D




No comments:

Post a Comment