|San Fransisco de Assisi Mission Church by George O'Keeffe|
They were also attracted to Taos by each other. By 1915, six artists had formed the Taos Society of Artists and Mabel Dodge Luhan was soon attracting other writers and artists to her Taos salon meetings. Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings often featured scenes from the Taos area.
Thoughout history, creative people have gathered into communities to learn from each other and encourage each other. Think of these examples:
- Athens in the 5th century BC
- Northern Italy in the 14th and 15th centuries
- Vienna in the 18th century
- Paris in the 19th century
- Silicon Valley in the 20th and 21st centuries
How do you participate in your creative community?
You Might Also Like:
Collision of Ideas
Diverse Experience Drives Creativity
The Blogosphere and Twitterverse